Do I need to remove third-party antivirus products before installing Kaspersky products?
Yes. The product will automatically remove some third-party antivirus products installed on your PC during the installation process. The database of incompatible software is regularly updated to take into account new releases of third-party products. However sometimes our technical support knowledge base
will be slightly ahead of our automatic removal tool, so if you encounter problems please refer to our website or give our technical helpline a call. In some cases, it might be recommended to uninstall any third-party solutions installed on your PC manually, or use the special removal utilities available on vendors’ websites, to avoid compatibility issues. If a problem occurred while trying to remove third-party antivirus products you can find more details in the Kaspersky Knowledge Base available at http://support.kaspersky.com/consumer/tools-utilities
If I install Kaspersky Lab’s product on my PC will it conflict with the Microsoft firewall?
No, the product will identify and automatically switch-off any conflicting software and Microsoft firewalls.
Is the activation code for Kaspersky Internet Security also compatible with other Kaspersky products?
No, it’s not. The activation code for Kaspersky Internet Security works only for Kaspersky Internet Security.
How to update applications through Kaspersky Internet Security 2021?
For the security of your computer, you must install the latest updates of software you use. Updates fix errors and vulnerabilities and enhance compatibility with operating systems. Kaspersky Internet Security 2021 performs an automatic search for updates of applications installed on the computer
System requirements for Kaspersky Antivirus / Internet Security / Total Security 2021?
- 1150 MB of free disk space
- Processor with SSE2 support
- Internet connection (for installation and activation, participation in Kaspersky Secure Network, as well as database and program module updates)
- Microsoft Internet Explo5rer 8.0 or later:
- To access My Kaspersky portal, we recommend using Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or later.
- Anti-Banner functions with limitations (we recommend using Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or later).
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 or later
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4 or later
- The Webcam access protection feature can be used only with compatible web cameras.
Requirements for operating systems
For Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (Service Pack 0 and later), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (Service Pack 0 and later), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 0 and later), Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 0 and later), Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 0 and later),
Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise, Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Windows 8.1 Update), Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (Windows 8.1 Update), Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise (Windows 8.1 Update), Microsoft Windows 10 Home (TH1, TH2, RS1, RS2, RS3, RS4), Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (TH1, TH2, RS1, RS2, RS3, RS4), Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (TH1, TH2, RS1, RS2, RS3, RS4):
- 1 GHz processor or faster
- 1 GB of free RAM for 32-bit operating systems and 2 GB of free RAM for 64-bit operating systems.
- The Base Filtering Engine must be enabled in the operating system for correct work of Web Anti-Virus, IM Anti-Virus, Anti-Banner, and Safe Money.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer start screen app version 8 - 11 is not supported
- Microsoft Edge (all versions
- Mozilla Firefox 52.x – 59.x, Mozilla Firefox ESR 52.x
- Google Chrome 48.x – 64.x
- Kaspersky Internet Security supports Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox on 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
- Newer versions of browsers can be supported if the browser supports the corresponding technology.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus supports Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox in 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. Internet Explorer 11.0 is not supported in compatibility mode on Microsoft Windows 10 1809 or later.
Requirements for tablet computers:
Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft Windows 10
Intel Celeron processor with a clock speed of 1.66 GHz or faster
1000 MB free RAM
Requirements for netbooks:
Intel Atom CPU 1.60 GHz or faster
1024 MB free RAM
10.1-inch display with 1024x600 screen resolution
Intel GMA 950 graphics core or later
Can we retrieve the Activation Code when I forgot or lost the copy of it?
Yes. By registering your Kaspersky Antivirus product to our local web portal site or e-mail us email@example.com or https://www.isn.com.ph/kasperskyregistration or firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on the purchase, license validity is either for 1 year or 2 year upon activation. However multiple users such as 3user and 5user need to be activated on the same date since the license validity starts from the first activation.
What Is Stalkerware?
Stalkerware is a kind of malware that records data being entered into a device and sends it to a third party that's supplied to the program on installation. Stalkerware acts without the victim knowing that it's harvesting their information; as such, it's a breach of privacy and regarded as an unwanted program. Stalkerware can track different kinds of information. For example, one can monitor the victim's SMS messages, while another beams the target's location back home. As such, the design of each stalkerware changes depending on what it is designed to track.
What makes Stalkerware any different from Spyware?
The main difference is that Spyware sneaks onto systems under the guise of a legitimate program, and sends the data to an unknown malicious agent. Stalkerware, on the other hand, openly advertises its features to potential customers and sends the data to an email address the user provides.